Drowning Prevention Week (DPW) is a water safety campaign run by the RLSS across the UK and Ireland, this year it takes place from the 18th-25th June. The campaign aims to proactively raise awareness of water safety ahead of a summer outdoors near open water. KAL will be running a poster competition to support DPW that can be entered by those attending school swimming and KAL Swim lessons.
The competition is for children attending School Swimming and KAL Swim Lessons to design a water safety poster, which will be displayed around sites during DPW. Prizes will be awarded to children for posters which include the following:
- A clear water safety message
- Information on safe self rescue
- Information on the Water Safety Code
- Information and examples of local hazards
- Eye catching design
You can find more information on the above, here.
Prizes will include:
- Yeah! Days out vouchers
- Goodie bags with earphones or activity tracker and a bottle
To enter the competition, customers must take a photo of their poster and send it to email@example.com along with the child’s name and age as well as their Stage or School and their teacher. Entries must be submitted by the 13th of June, everyone who enters will get an e-certificate and the winners will get additional prizes. The winners will be revealed by Friday the 24th of June and will be notified by email. Each centre will have a School Swimming and KAL Swim winner and the winning entries will be displayed around KAL centres.
Terms and Conditions
- The poster competition will run up until and including the 13th June, when entries must be submitted.
- Participants must create a poster with an eye-catching design, which includes the following information: clear water safety message, information on safe self-rescue and the Water Safety Code.
- To enter the competition, participants must take a photo of their poster and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the child’s name, age, swimming teacher and stage or school.
- Prize winners will be selected on the 24th June and will be notified by email.
- Only those that are attending school swimming at KAL’s centres and KAL Swim lessons may enter the poster competition.
- There will be two winners per centre, one for a participant in school swimming at KAL’s centres and one for a participant in KAL Swim lessons.
- Prize winners will receive a Yeah! Days Out voucher and a goodie bag with earphones or an activity tracker and a bottle.
- KAL’s decision on the winning entries is final.
- KAL reserve the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time and without prior notice.